City Hive Founder and CEO Bev Shah, this programme is designed to
retain mid-career talent by helping professional women who feel in some
way stuck or directionless but eager to take their career to the next level.
The City Stars Programme equips
mid‐career women with:
to the business)
• An increased sense of ownership of their career now and in the future
• A solid foundation of skills and strategies to navigate the complexity of business and organisational life
• A support network of like-minded women working in the same industry
• A clear endorsement from their company’s management that they matter to the success of the organisation
Sponsorship benefits companies by creating more effective and committed teams and fostering a ‘pay it forward’ mentality that makes employees feel valued and supported.
The drinks reception is an opportunity for attendees to invite their line managers, senior management team or company sponsor.
An important part of the programme is the cross-company support network that is fostered among the City Stars cohort. For this reason, the number of attendees from the same company is limited to three, and the application process ensures a balanced, optimal mix of professionals from the investment and asset management sector.
KEY OUTCOMES & TAKE AWAYS
the five-key business-savvy strategies that really matter to career progression.
• What to expect from the ‘new normal’ and how it will impact you
• The one key secret to successful conversations with your manager in today’s
• The relevance of the rise of non-linear career paths
• Why work & life are actually complementary rather than in conflict
• How to successfully apply the S-I-S-T-E-R
• Navigation Plan to your career
• How to grow your network in natural way
• Why it’s critical for others to know who you are and what direction you want to go in
• How to initiate conversations in intimidating situations
• What actions and behaviours distinguish you from the crowd
• The biggest myth about networking
• What’s holding you back from negotiating and how to overcome it
• Why not asking for what you want hurts your career AND the company you work for!
• How to make negotiating feel (and look) more natural
• What the real truth is behind the biggest myths about this career-critical skill
• The power of the seven secrets to successful negotiating
• How to prepare for tough talks the right way
• Why having that difficult conversation sooner rather than later yields better
results in more ways than one
• The most common pitfalls to avoid in these tricky encounters
• The crucial link between relationships and feedback
• The five top tips for tough conversations
• What are the four main behaviour types and which one you can identify with
• The five most common pitfalls for de-escalating conflict
• Why listening is a key mechanism to create calm composure
• The four magic phrases to shift the focus from you to them
• How to use the top time-tested techniques for managing difficult characters